Friday, February 06, 2004

Young Hollywood Lovers

It's Friday and Dee Dee drags my lazy ass out of bed. I have had enough sleep, but my allergies tell me different. We head down to Urth around 9:30a. On the drive there we see Nicholas Brendon from Buffy, crossing the street with some girl. Again, I think it is either Brendon or his twin brother. Supposedly they look alike. It is a warm sunny day and the place is packed with Hollywood Hipsters... We stand in line to order our daily fix of caffeine. I notice a James Dean looking guy sitting with some gal pal in the corner of he cafe. Trying not to stare too much, I recognize this guy. His name is James Franco. He played Harry Osborn in Spiderman. In fact he even played James Dean in a cable movie and he was one of the stars of the TV series Freaks and Geeks, a short lived but very good show.
Walking to our table outside I notice Jake Gyllenhaal again. He is sitting by himself looking very sporty. When James comes out they chat it up. Jake's girlfriend Kirsten Dunst, and James are in Spiderman and Spiderman 2 together. Kirsten parks her BMW SUV and strolls to Jake's table. She is looking pretty sporty as well. They are the sporty couple. Dee Dee is pretty sure that Jake was totally giving her the look and checking her out. At least that is what she tells me...

As we are leaving I notice Carla Cugino and her husband. She played the mother in the Spy Kids franchise. This is the second time we have seen her. She must live in the neighborhood...

That's all for now. Maybe we will see someone at the 99 Cents Only store later. Not!

-Dick Out